Now that I’m back in procrastination mode, I thought I would spend some time listing things I bought while I was in New York.
1. Twenty-two different polka-dot fabrics at B&J Fabrics. Plus two batiks and a Japanese ikat.
2. Several art books:
- Christo and Jeanne-Claude by Jacob Baal-Teshuva
- Raw Vision: Outsider Art Sourcebook
- A book about Howard Finster 1916-2001
- Artists & Prints: Masterworks from the MOMA
- Ruth Duckworth: Modernist Sculptor
3. Technically I also bought these in NY, but I actually I looked at them at the museum and then went back to the hotel room and ordered them to be shipped to my house because I was tired of dragging books and fabric all over the place:
- Tim Hawkinson, catalog from the Whitney
- Red Grooms, The Graphic Work
4. Original art from the Art-O-Mat machine in the basement of the Whitney. It reads Contents: One original, all natural drawing by temperamental illustrator, Ashley Holt, shredded beyond recognition with a toy surprise.
5. A warm hat at the American Folk Art Museum. Necessary for walking around Central Park in freezing February.