Here’s my new frame. Since I’ve never worked with a frame before, I rolled the fabrics on the wrong way about six times. After I finally got it right, the top, backing, and batting are all on separate rollers.

Once it was set up right, it was a lot of fun to doodle away, it fact I used a whole spool of thread before I realized it. The machine just glides on the carriage! I can move it with one finger – and it’s just like drawing! I’m looking forward to developing a bunch of new quilting patterns.

Next I found something in the quilt-top graveyard and practiced on that. This one was already glued together, so I tried putting it on just two rollers and worked back and forth over the whole thing with different colors. This method worked well also. Lucky this photo is small that you can’t see how poorly it’s constructed!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *